Hollywood Adventures - Part 2

L.A. has many nicknames. One that I heard recently and that continues to stand out in my mind is the "City of Lost Souls".

After the insanity of the long drive to L.A. on Friday night, Saturday was turning out much better. I slept in, took a long relaxing shower, took a walk down to Hollywood Boulevard from my friend's apartment, and enjoyed a relaxing breakfast at a quiet restaurant. After breakfast I met my friend and we decided to spend some time at the beach. We drove down to Santa Monica and enjoyed a beautiful day by the water. This is what I love about California - the Ocean.

We left the beach, decided to cook a nice dinner, and stopped back at the house to change, before heading to the store. As we climbed the steps into my friend's building, we noticed two people sitting in the corner of the dirt parking lot next door. They were somewhat hidden but their conversation was fairly loud. We entered the apartment, and my friend's roommate shared that for the last several hours, he had been able to hear their conversation through the apartment window. He concluded they must be on a date, one accompanied by a significant amount of alcohol. We were mildly amused by the situation but did not think about the couple again as we left for the store.

We returned thirty minutes later, carrying our groceries up to the apartment. I heard some strange noises coming from the parking lot and glanced over. I wish I had been stricken with temporary deafness, just for those few minutes...and since I hadn't, momentary blindness would have been nice. The couple had reached the end of their date and as the saying goes, they were "closing the deal". That's right, fornication on a Saturday night, in the dirt, and dust, and litter of a Hollywood parking lot. Ahh, the romance of it all.

Welcome to L.A.!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Actress Post #7 - The Point of Acting Part 2

Back to the Beginning