Arabella Models Part II

Here's a long over due follow up to last years post: 

                "Actress Catch Up and Keeping My Promises"

At that time I was off to an industry gathering for a colleague's company - Phoenician Models, a joint venture of four Models/Performing Artists including Tiffany Jackson. Since then, some of the names and players have changed, but this is a story worth sharing, and I like to keep my promises!

The industry night hosted by Phoenician Models, was a low key gathering at Fat Tuesday's in downtown Tempe's Mill Avenue District. Photographers, Models, and Designers gathered for "Stars and Stripes Industry Night" featuring accessories designed by Arizona designers Recycled Rascals, now known as Revamped Retro.




Photographers, models, and designers gathered to meet one another, exchange business cards, shoot, and pose for pictures. Models were chosen in advance to participate in a runway style show free to the public. What I liked best about the evening was the fact that all experience levels were welcomed. 

I brought my camera, and took some candid's of the models, but I secretly wanted to be in front of the camera. I spent the night chatting, observing, and taking it all in...and then I ran home and took digital camera "selfies".




Since that gathering in June of 2012, my colleague, Tiffany Jackson has transformed the business into Arabella Models Image Consulting of which she is the CEO/Founder and the last of the original four creators of Phoenician Models. Her team consists of photographer, Roland Reed and assistant, Shanterra Anderson.
  
Tiffany Jackson

Arabella Models is not only an Image Consulting Firm, they host a Meetup Group, and organize "Showcasing the Arts" events. These events raise money to provide camp scholarships for under-privileged youth. They also recently released an online magazine - Dear Arabella Magazine, and one year after my first Industry Night, secretly wishing I could be in front of the camera, "Yours Truly" can be seen in their first issue in an article for Mrs. Tinkler's Evening Wear. (You'll have to buy the magazine to see the pics.)

Of course, in my own self-deprecating style, I must admit that although I'm honored, I was quite frustrated with my weight at the time the photo was taken. But that's one of the things I love about the group's approach. Its about Art, beauty in all forms, room for everyone, supporting indie artists, being a creative person, and providing those in front and behind the camera an opportunity to create and collaborate.

This is a group of very hard working individuals. They are continually working, learning, and growing. I think this is the secret to any great venture. If we wait till its "Perfect" before we put it out in the world, we'll never do anything. Perfection is a lie...Creativity, love, service, moving always forward...these are the keys to true success.
__________________________________________________

If you'd like to learn more about Arabella Models Image Consulting, you can find them at the links below - 



Tiffany N Jackson and Shanterra Anderson
Photographer: Scott Miller 

ArabellaModels.com

Arabella Models Image Consulting on Facebook

Dear Arabella Magazine on Facebook


Popular posts from this blog

Actress Post #7 - The Point of Acting Part 2

Back to the Beginning