The Missed Audition

Saturday, I went to a SAG Feature Film audition, and I had one of those disappointing experiences where I got myself all the way down to the audition and was turned away because they had so many actors show up, that they couldn’t see everyone. They were running auditions on a “first come, first serve” basis, and when I arrived a little after 12 o’clock, they were apologetically turning people away. I was able to give them my headshot and resume, but unfortunately, when I asked if they would hold another audition date for this production, they just said that they weren’t sure.

I have never heard of “first come, first served” auditions, at least not in this setting. I have absolutely no problem with it. I guess its no different than living in NY and having to get up at the break of dawn to get in line for a spot for an equity audition. I originally wanted to get there first thing at 10am when the auditions started but I didn’t stick with my original plan, and had I stuck with my original plan, I would have had a chance to be seen and to make a new connection today.

I’m really excited about forming a relationship with this production company. They’re constantly creating new projects and they’re a big part of the growth and strengthening of the Phoenix film community.

So, my take away on this is - “the early bird does gets the worm”. I may be disappointed, but I WILL get it right with them next time. Next time I see a “first come, first served” audition, I need to attack the day!

Popular posts from this blog

Actress Post #7 - The Point of Acting Part 2

Back to the Beginning